Q. How do we advise you if a direct payments recipient would like to use your service?
A. The service user can call us or email us directly to fill out a subscription form, or they can subscribe online. Alternatively you can call us or fill out a referral on their behalf and we will get in touch with them about setting the account up.
Q. What happens next?
A. We will post our Starter Pack to the service user. Enclosed within the Starter Pack are the following forms that they will need to complete and return to us so we can start acting on their behalf. (We can send the pack to you as their support officer if this is preferable):
- HMRC 64-8 (this form requires only a signature and date from the service user)
- HMRC FBI-2 (this form requires only a signature and date from the service user)
- Payroll Information Form (requires essential information about service user's employee, rate of pay and hours of work)
- Money Laundering Form (documentation required to comply with the Money Laundering Regulations 2007)
Q. What happens if there is no regular pattern of days and hours that the personal assistant/carer works?
A. We understand that a degree of flexibility is required when keeping records and processing payroll for domestic employers. We just ask them to let us know if the working times are likely to be variable and keep a special filing system that allows them to call in with the days and hours when applicable so that we can adjust accordingly.
Q. How do we pay the subscription payment for Enable Payroll?
A. If you fund the service user's payroll costs in advance, we will collect the full £250 for year in advance. We can invoice the Local Authority or Support Service direct for this payment or if the service user is given it in with their package for the set up costs we will collect the amount from them by credit card or cheque. If the payroll amount is funded weekly or quarterly in with the direct payments package for the service user, we can collect the amount monthly by direct debit. Our costs are broken down into ten monthly installments thus making it easier for the service user to manage their direct payments.
Q. What is the cost of your service and what does it include?
A. It’s £250.00 (inc. VAT) for the year for one personal assistant* Any additional personal assistants are priced at £88.13 (inc. VAT) each. We will prepare a quote for 5 or more personal assistants (please contact us).
*If someone is paying full subscription price for one personal assistant and uses a back up personal assistant (to cover holidays, sickness etc) who is paid below the threshold of £100 per week, we will process their payslips for free.
Our service is all inclusive, there are no hidden extras and it includes:
- Registering the service user as an employer with HMRC and setting up a PAYE scheme on their behalf. All HMRC's correspondence and paperwork pertaining to the employee is then sent to us
- Keep complete payroll records on the service user's behalf
- Provide detailed payslips by email or post, either weekly or monthly, showing Tax and NI deductions and the net wage to be paid to the employee
- Send a quarterly liability bill (which includes the tax, employee's and employer's NICs) to the service user, who then needs to make payment to HMRC.
- Process a P45 every time a PA/carer starts or leaves employment
- Electronically file a Full Payment Submission (FPS) with HMRC every time the employee is paid, as well as an Employer's Payment Submission (EPS) whenever necessary.
- Provide a P60 summary for the employee at the end of the tax year.
- Offering the service user unlimited support with any pay or employment related issues that may arise and keep them up-to-date with tax rates and other legislation changes that may affect their employment responsibilities, and implement these on their behalf.
- Unlimited access to our Legal Helpline to gain guidance and advice on any employment law issues from the provision of specimen contracts of employment to redundancy.
Q. Can we subcontract our payroll service out to you?
A. We can provide a quotation for you to subcontract your payroll service to us. Contact us with the details.